If you live in the sunny State of Queensland in Australia, you may not have heard yet, that ‘can-do’ Campbell wants to bring in voter ID laws. There are a whole lot of reasons, against the implementation of voter ID laws and you may have heard some of these while the debate raged in the United States over the last twelve months.
Reasons against Voter ID Laws
1. Many people don’t have valid identification including
- the elderly
- people who don’t drive
- people who can’t afford it (licenses and birth certificates aren’t cheap)
- the disabled
- those who move about frequently
- those who might lose their ID
2. It is discriminatory as it stops people from voting, and stopping people from voting is undemocratic.
Voting should be easy. If you’re against Voter ID Laws, now is your time to let Premier Campbell Newman know.