The winner of the Nobel Peace Prize is to be announced in 74 days, maybe less by the time you read our article. The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded by a committee of five persons from the Parliament of Norway. Having seen other peace prize announcements in the last month has inspired us to complete Social Media Picks “Peace” theme. As its been a little while since we completed a social media picks we’ll be picking up back today with our top 15 “Peace” gems for the month of July. Social Media post eligible for our theme will go to tweets or google plusses that
- mention the current ten popular peace laureates
- fall under nobel topics of
- social media posts that have conferred the greatest benefit to social media
- were tweeted or posted in July 2013
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to provide any prestigious award, monetary gain or celebratory event. Instead if you’re mentioned in our Social Media Peace Awards you’ll just have to be satisfied with a mention.
Peace Winners on Twitter
1. Keep in mind here Ladies and Gents that nominations for 2013 needed to be lodged by February 2013, so if not this year, perhaps next?
— Anonymous Operations (@AnonOpsSE) July 29, 2013
2. President Obama (USA) has a Nobel Prize for what… no one is exactly sure.
How screwed up is America? We’ve been buying guns in record numbers to protect ourselves from the winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. — PolarCoug (@PolarCoug) July 29, 2013
3. What a great idea!
There should be a Nobel Peace Prize for letting someone merge into your lane during a traffic jam. — Amy Rhodes (@iamamyrhodes) July 20, 2013
4. Its not a Nobel, but will a Social Media Gem do?
SOMEONE GIVE THESE PEOPLE A NOBEL PEACE PRIZE I pic.twitter.com/R1Dkd0bUVX
— shraddha (@zealousziall) July 20, 2013
5. Like we said at number two, no one can work out why? (And it’ll be many, many years before it becomes public knowledge!)
6. Obama 2009, The European Union 2012 … Since the winner is selected by a group of politicians, Wikileaks could be onto something here…
The Nobel Peace prize however, is corrupt. Overseen by Norwegian and Swedish establishments, it has become an instrument of foreign policy.
— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) July 15, 2013
7. For the Mums and Dads who give up a lot to do good in the world.
Esther Madudu for the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize http://t.co/0qWiFuGYrW
— Timid Atheist (@TimidAtheist) July 11, 2013
8.Now this guy certainly deserved it!
We must learn to live together as brothers or we will perish together as fools. ~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. pic.twitter.com/JQWmFS3WpQ
— Jessie Jane Duff (@JessieJaneDuff) July 22, 2013
9. A very wise tweet.
NELSON MANDELA is a very wise man. More people ought be like him & live without bitterness & hatred in their hearts. pic.twitter.com/fHGMXg8E4e
— LYNN CAREY SAYLOR (@LynnCareySaylor) July 21, 2013
10. No guesses as to why this tweeter is known as Barbie.. But just in case you need convincing look to tweet 11.
The moment coffee touches my lips in the morning I instantaneously transform from Satan into Mother Theresa.
— Barbie (@BarbieSomething) July 29, 2013
11. Don’t ever compare yourself or someone else to Mother Theresa again unless you really dislike them…
New expose shows Mother Theresa was even worse than we thought – http://t.co/wmet1WnUx1
— Michelle Yamamoto (@MadameRamotswe) July 9, 2013
And our Google+ Peace Winners!
12. Anuradha Verma for a very thoughtful post for those of us who don’t get big awards.
13. Michael Q Todd for a lovely (paint shopped?) picture accompanied by a wonderful quote by Albert Schweitzer.
14. Jane Addams for tellings us all about Jane Addams.
15. A memory of Elie Weisel all of us should share and none of us forget.